A message from Mrs. Tarasiuk and Mrs. Sosin
We look forward to beginning the 2017-2018 school year! We hope you that you have had a wonderful summer and have enjoyed spending time with family and friends. We are excited to welcome our Einstein owls in just a few short weeks!
- The Einstein office will be open beginning August 7th from 8:00-3:00 each day until August 18th.
- Beginning August 21st the office will be open from 7:30am-4:00pm.
- As a note, the office will be closed on Thursday, August 17th from 12:00-4:00 as the staff will be participating in a professional development opportunity to better serve our students. The office will reopen on Friday, August 18th at 8:00.
- Teacher assignments will be mailed home. These letters will be sent out on August 11th.
- Please make sure you have registered your children to ensure your child receives a placement letter.
- Registration now requires all students to prove residency which is new for the 2017-18 school year. Students who are not registered will not be sent a classroom placement letter.
Information Day-August 10th Hours 9:00am-11:00pm and 5:30pm-7:30pm
On Information Day you will be able to complete any registration paperwork, including lease updates, enrollment forms and fees.
On August 10th from 4:15-5:15, our Einstein staff will be going door-to-door to invite students to our Back-to-School and Curriculum Night. We look forward to welcoming our families back to school!
A Reminder to Parents of Incoming Sixth Graders
A packet was mailed home in January regarding health requirements for entry into the sixth grade. A current physical examination (dated 8-15-16 or later) is required for entry into the sixth grade. All children entering sixth grade must show proof of receiving 1 dose of Tdap, 3 hepatitis B vaccines, 2 doses of varicella vaccines and 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine. Please have the Certificate of Child Health Examination (sixth grade physical examination form) completed by the physician and documentation showing proof of required vaccines and return it to the school nurse by the first day of school in August, 2017. Sixth grade students who have not had the above requirements completed will be excluded from school.
Back-to-School Night and Curriculum Night
- Back-to-School/Curriculum night will be on August 17th from 5:15-7:15.
- 5:15-School Opens
- 5:30-5:50: Classroom Presentations, Supply Drop-Off, and Conference Sign-Up
- 5:50-6:00: Passing Period
- 6:00-6:15: Welcome Back in the gym with Mrs. Tarasiuk, Mrs. Sosin and the Einstein Staff
- 6:15-6:25: Passing Period
- 6:30-6:50: Classroom Presentations, Supply Drop-Off, and Conference Sign-Up
- 6:50-7:15: Meet the PTA and join in the activities (in back of the school)
First Day of School
- The first day of school for students in 1st -6th grade and Kinder Instructional Classrooms will be August 21st.
- Kindergarten students will begin on August 28th.
- We are aware of the Solar Eclipse that is happening in the afternoon of August 21st. At this time we are working with District Office to determine the safest way students can experience this special event.
We are looking forward to a great 2017-18 school year!