A Message from Mrs. Tarasiuk and Mrs. Sosin 2/2/18
Thank you for an amazing week with your children. We have said it before, but we can’t say it enough… we believe that it takes a village to raise a child and we are lucky enough to have the privilege of seeing your children learn and grow each day. Wednesday marked 100 days of school for our 1st-6th graders and as we reflect on all that we’ve experienced August, we want to express our gratitude to you for the partnership we share. Together, we are Einstein Strong! We are looking forward to seeing you at our upcoming conferences and PTA events.
Einstein gives a hoot about our community! Thank you to our community for your generous donations! It was an incredible week with school spirit and an abundant amount of donations.
Incoming Kindergarten Registration for 2018-2019
It is time to register any child who will turn 5 years old on or before September 1, 2018. On Thursday, February 8, 2018 parents can register their new kindergartener. Go to your neighborhood school at 9:00-11:00am; 1:00-2:30pm; or 6:00-8:00pm. The following is needed to begin registration:
- Families new to District 54 should go to http://sd54.org/registration to begin your on-line registration before February 8th. Bring your printed confirmation with you. Current District 54 families need to register through their Parent Portal account.
- Your student’s original birth certificate showing the student was born on or before September 1, 2013
- Proof of residency as listed below. All documents provided must be current, valid for 2018-19, and reflect name and addresses within the boundaries of District 54.
Remember to bring in at least one of the following:
-the most recent real estate tax bill for residence showing owner as the taxpayer,
-a signed lease for the residence including a beginning and end date, or
-a closing statement for the purchase of the residence
And at least two of the following documents:
-Illinois driver’s license,
-gas, water, electric, internet, television, telephone bill,
-public assistance documentation,
-voter registration card, or
-home or vehicle insurance certificate.
Student Led Conferences
We are looking forward to seeing everyone at conferences on February 15th and 16th.
All classrooms teachers have sent home a reminder letter with your conference date and time.
This year PTA sponsored our Halloween Party as well as an upcoming tie dye t-shirt event this spring! We will be focusing on kindness on February 14th. If your child would like to pass out Valentine cards, they can still do so. Please no candy or food items. We will also be selling pizza at lunch for $2.00.
A message from the Nurse
Cold and flu season is upon us and we are seeing a large number of students with flu symptoms. To prevent widespread flu in the school, we recommend that your child stay home from school if experiencing flu or cold symptoms. Please read the attached for additional information. Cold and flu letter-English.docx Cold and flu-Spanish.docx
New from the PTA
Here are the upcoming dates for pre-purchased hot lunches:
Tuesday, Feb. 13th– Sonic
Tuesday, Feb. 27th– Culver’s
Tuesday, Mar. 13th– Popeye’s
Come grab a bingo card and have dinner with us once again! Einstein families had so much fun in November that all the seats were full. This time we are looking to completely pack the gym!! Come show your school spirit and have a fun Friday night out with your family! There will be no shortage on food, fun and prizes at this event! bingo
Come enjoy dinner at Portillo’s and support Einstein! See the attached flyer for more information. Portillo’s Fundraiser.pdf
Schaumburg Parent University – February classes
Schaumburg Parent University (SPU) is designed to involve more parents in the life of the school, to strengthen family relationships, and to improve parenting skills that will ultimately result in improved student success academically, socially and emotionally. There are two evening programs scheduled for February.
- Renter Rights – Attorney Caroline Manley will teach attendees about Illinois landlord and tenant law and how to best protect yourself as a tenant. Topics covered will include: what to look for in a lease, security deposits, evictions, illegal lock-outs and habitability issues. This presentation for adults only will be presented in English and Spanish and will take place from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. on February 6 at the Professional Learning Center, 522 East Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
- Family Engineering Night – Using everyday materials, your family will become engineers who develop solutions to various challenges, build towers and design an artistic robot. Discover how STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) makes all of these things possible. Limited to 50 families. This activity event will take place from 6:30 to 8 p.m. on February 21 at the Professional Learning Center, 522 East Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
To register or for more information, contact Meg Kwak at (847) 357-6586 or email@example.com. Leave your name, contact information, the number of children requiring free childcare and the name of your child’s school.
Universidad de padres de Schaumburg – Clases de febrero
La Universidad de padres de Schaumburg (SPU) está diseñada para involucrar a más padres en la vida de la escuela, para fortalecer las relaciones familiares y mejorar las habilidades de crianza que en última instancia se traduce en mejor éxito de los estudiantes académicamente, socialmente y emocionalmente. Hay dos noches programadas para el mes de febrero.
- Derechos de los inquilinos: la abogada Caroline Manley enseñará a los asistentes sobre la ley de propietarios e inquilinos de Illinois y cómo usted puede protegerse mejor como inquilino. Los temas cubiertos incluirán: qué buscar en un arrendamiento, depósitos de seguridad, desalojos, cierres ilegales y problemas de habitabilidad. Esta presentación es solo para adultos y se presentará en inglés y español. El evento tendrá lugar de 5:30 a 6:30 p.m. el 6 de febrero en el Professional Learning Center, 522 East Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
- Noche de ingeniería familiar: con el uso de materiales cotidianos, su familia se convertirá en un ingeniero que desarrollará soluciones a diversos desafíos, construirá torres y diseñará un robot artístico. Descubra cómo STEM (Ciencia, Tecnología, Ingeniería y Matemáticas) hace que todas estas cosas sean posibles. Limitado a 50 familias. Este evento de actividad tendrá lugar de 6:30 a 8 p.m. el 21 de febrero en el Professional Learning Center, 522 East Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
Si usted está interesado en asistir a estos eventos gratuitos, haga clic en firstname.lastname@example.org. Habrá cuidado de niños. Para más información sobre Universidad de padres de Schaumburg y registrarse, visite nuestro sitio web en https://sd54.org/spu-Spanish.